Everything you need to know about our Water Based Lubricant
Welcome, lubey newbie, to our essential guide to the slippery slope that is incorporating lube into your sexual toolkit. We designed our signature lubricant as the perfect addition to sexual wellness routines, whether you're partnering up or going solo. As gentle as your mum's favourite rom coms and as slick as Will Smith in a latex tuxedo, here's all you need to know about our HANX lube.
What makes our lubricant so special?
Our lubricant is water based, long lasting, gentle, vegan, paraben free and like all HANX products, it's endorsed by medical professionals. (Our Co-Founder Sarah is a gynaecology doctor, so she knows what's good when it comes to keeping genitals in tip top condition!).
Why did we create a water based lubricant?
The base of a lubricant is the most important ingredient, especially in a natural lube where the base can make up the vast majority of the product. We spent 8 months developing our lubricant and in that time we did some serious research before choosing a lubricant base. In fact, feedback from over 5000 lube lovers helped to form the basis of our ingredients list!
What are the benefits of HANX water based lubricant?
We're big believers that water based lubricant is quite simply the best choice for getting down to it. Here's why:
- Firstly, oil-based lubricants can’t be used with latex condoms - something that is a big turn-off for many johnny users. Oil-based lubes also encourage bacteria growth, which can cause infections for both partners. Not on our watch! We covered all our bases with a comparison of the benefits and downsides of water based and oil-based lubricant and water-based came out on top.
- We did our due diligence on silicone-based lubricant too. Silicone lubricant can irritate people who are sensitive *down there* and cannot be used with sex toys. Nobody wants sore or irritated genitals, and we firmly encourage the use and enjoyment of sex toys, so we gave a silicone-base a hard pass.
Water based lubricant for the win!
There are a lot of reasons to love H20. Water based lubricant doesn’t trap bacteria, it’s kinder to the natural balance of the vagina, and it’s residue free, meaning no stickiness or mess on your sheets. Our water based lubricant is naturally formulated without any nasty chemicals or parabens. Best of all, it’s texture resembles natural bodily lubricant so it feels amazing.
Why is our lubricant vegan?
We believe we have a responsibility to look after Mother Earth and to do our bit to fight climate change. Animal agriculture has a significant impact on global warming and we want to do our best to create sustainable products that are kinder to the animals and to our planet. So all of our products are vegan certified, including our lube.
What does endorsed by medical professionals mean?
Our lubricant is designed with real bodies in mind. Our product development team work very closely with our Co-Founder, Sarah. With her experience in the medical world, she ensures our formulas are gentle and kind to your body. For that reason, we use only six ingredients - and what we leave out is just as important as what we put in. You won't find any yeast infection-causing glycerin or flavourings in our lube, nor tingling/heat sensation causing chemicals. When you're being intimate with a partner or solo masturbating, the only thing on your mind is how much fun you're having - not a trip to the chemist the next day.
What is the best water based lubricant?
Well, do you have to ask... look no further!
How best to use lube during sex?
HANX lubricant is safe to use wherever, whenever with whoever turns you on:
- Our lubricant is perfect for vaginal, oral and anal sex.
- It's compatible with sex toys, vibrators and plugs.
- It's also compatible with condoms. Find out more about how to use condoms and lubricant here.